Featured Post

The Last of the Summer Green

I was planning to make this post for a while and I know there are no excuses. So here is the last of the summer green, it has been in my he...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Local Irish Flora

     It came to me while I was walking in the countryside that I should make a post especially for the local flora. At the moment everything is in full bloom and the green is so lush - this is the best time of the year to walk the hills of Ireland. 
     Here is a little glimpse at the local Connemara flowers and greens.
Buttercups
Click on the photos to enlarge and view
 
Gorse

 Birds-foot-trefoil

A bit of a mix

Aquilegia

Cockoo flower

Violet

Herb_robert

Clover

Rhododendron

Sweet pea

Daisies

Cottongrass

Aquilegia

Thanks for the visit. There will be more to follow.