Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Searching for a Good View

mountains view with  a stone and a sign saying "bunnagippaun"

   From the manicured lawns of Ashford castle, I am off to the wild open spaces of Connemara in search of a good view.


   The bright blue sky is crawling with stormy grey clouds, dragging their shadows over the green hills. The sheep lazily stare at me. There is a little breeze, cooling the air, coming straight from the ocean - I can feel the saltiness and bitterness of the drying seaweed.

This is how a perfect summer day feels in Connemara. And of course, the best thing to do on a day like this is to get out there and walk the hills.

   If you take off walking from Oughterard, Co. Galway, in one hour you will be in Bunnagippaun. Don't ask me to pronounce it properly for you because I actually don't speak Irish, but this is my favourite place in the vicinity of Oughterard. The view from up here is magnificent and unforgettable any time of the year and in any weather. I come to this spot to enjoy the Connemara feeling and of course to take a few photos. 

         Have a look at some of them, freshly out of the camera.  
mountain view

a road going to the distance, mountains

Connemara landscape, green grass, mountains and clouds

Connemara landscape, mountains and clouds

Connemara landscape, clouds, mountains

Connemara landscape, lake , mountains

I am sure you wished you were right here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...