Sunday, September 15, 2013

Roundstone visions


If you have heard of Roundstone you would know that this is one of the most picturesque little towns in Connemara. 


Roundstone, landscape, mountains, ocean © Annie Japaud PhotographyI will never forget the first time I went there and I saw those mountains hanging above the town, the transparent blue waters of the ocean, the lovely cottages sprawled along the little roads and that was it for me, I fell in love instantly and for ever.
I try to get there every chance I get and I never have enough. If you make it all the way to Galway on your trip to Ireland then you have to do whatever you can to go up to Roundstone or you will regret it for the rest of your life, believe me!

The photos are taken a few years back with one of my first digital cameras and the image files are not of very good quality. Some photos are also taken from the window of the car while in motion which creates a rather fleeting feeling and the sense of motion which I enjoy immensely. But the beauty and the charm of the landscape is still there.

Come and join me on my trip to Roundstone!


mountains, clouds, water, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography, landscape, sea, ocean, water, mountains

boat, ocean, water, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

ocean, mountains, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

houses, town, road, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

boats, water, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

mountains, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

mountains, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

road, clouds, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

road, clouds, mountains, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography


collage, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

houses, road, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

collage, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

beach, sand, mountains, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

collage, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

beach, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

boat, blue water, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

mountains, boats, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

mountains, boats, ocean, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

mountains, green landscape, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

 mountains, clouds, Roundstone © Annie Japaud Photography

Welcome to Connemara  :)

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Annie. You have been in my sidebar as a favourite read for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Carol, I just added you as well! I noticed earlier because I had some traffic coming from your blog and I came to check it out and ended up reading about the muffin, that was fun! great work

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures Annie...specially the one with clear blue waters, and cute little boats bobbing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Malvechka for the visit and the comments!!
    the water in Roundstone is so amazingly clear and blue!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

HOORAY, I MADE IT TO THE BEACH

Everyone knows we had the best summer in hundreds of years  And guess what? I didn't make it to the beach, ANY BEACH, all summer. ...